traumahawk

traumahawk

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Apology to Rob

I wanted to share an explanation about a recent “Clash of the Titans” I have with another .netter of interest that goes by the Moniker of “theEnglishSeahawk” .  “English or Rob (his real name) is a long time poster at seahawks.net and maintains his famous blog seahawksdraftblog and professionally is a reporter for BBC UK. For the longest time we were friends and shared various opinions, I lived in England for 11 years and am more prepared than most Americans to understand Rob’s sense of humor and pompousness. Everything was just peachy until last off season, where I came in contact with some once in a life time (for me anyways) inside information on a potential trade of Carson Palmer to Seattle from his old team the Bengals.

Reportedly a trade was in the works and initially the information coming to me from my source matched perfectly to what Rob’s were saying, I felt confirmed by this and a lot of messaging went on between the two of us. Being a rookie at this I grew suspicious of Rob’s intentions and questioned the validity of his sources because I figured that was nearly impossible that 2 different sources from 2 different backgrounds were saying exactly the same thing. I started reading Rob’s blog everyday and comparing it to our messages. As time went on I found that his posts were almost identical to the letter to my info that I gave him on my messages and the doubt grew deep.
I then decided to test him and created a set of fake info that I shared with him (I won’t share which part, I will leave that to your imagination) to see how he would react. The very next day he had that info on the blog. Instead of talking to my new friend I judged him and condemned him of being a liar. Since then our relationship went south, and when I say south I don’t mean on a vacation to Mexico or Brazil, I mean south to hell. The chip on my shoulder grew like a mountain and I often attacked him verbally on the forum and accused him of being a liar.
Being the gentleman that he is, Rob approach me in private and questioned my rage and we again swapped messages backwards and forwards all day long. After all was said and done Rob convinced me that he was not lying and the reason I got confused was due to a colossal coincidence where the bogus portion I created actually turned out to be true (I am a gifted guesser lol). So I figured I would share this, and clear his name. We are mates again and we will move on from this being better friends, I on my end learn not to judge a friend so briskly and actually search for the truth before passing judgment.

The truth is .netters that the rumor was not fantasy, we both had info that was real and the whole thing was very painful for both of us taking punches from everywhere, and I for one would never share anything like this again with the board, props to Rob for takings the beating week after week to share the info he gets. Rob is a professional reporter and a meticulous observer/evaluator of future talent for our Seahawks, and even though my “gut feelings” have actually been more accurate in guessing NFL success by college QB’s my comments (even though apparently accurate lol) are just gut feelings, I have a good gut predictor sharpened in the emergency room, but there is no science in my evaluation, Rob spends a lot of time watching film and using scientific method to base his predictions, and even though often wrong (ahahah) he should get props for what he does.
Thank you
Useful Links:
http://seahawksdraftblog.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment